Resting Metabolic Rate Prerequisites
Things to Do
- It’s important to have sufficient rest before your metabolic test. We advise that you don’t exercise within 12 hours of your test time, as exercise raises your metabolic rate and your test results may be affected.
- Continue to take any medication as normal and only delay the timing of your medication if it’s safe to do so. If you delay, remember to bring your medication with you so you can take it after the test. If you have any concerns about doing the test, please seek advice from your GP.
Book A Test
Things Definitely not to Do
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water, at least 4 hours before the test. This includes chewing gum. Unless you are fasted, the test results will be contaminated and it will have to be postponed to another date.
- If you smoke, do not smoke at least 4 hours before the test.
- Avoid any strenuous activity at least 12 hours before your test. We would not advise working out or going to the gym until after your assessment.
- Try not to rush or get stressed out when travelling to your test. When measuring your Resting Metabolic Rate, the more relaxed you are, the better.