VO2max Test Benefits
A VO2max Exercise test is only beneficial if you are actively involved in exercise, or plan to do so in the near future. If exercise isn't part of your lifestyle, then we recommend our Resting Metabolic Rate test. However, the RMR test is also of value if you're active and exercise regularly. The most effective way to manage your weight is to combine a controlled diet with regular exercise.
The benefits include:
- Identifying the intensity (heart rate) where you burn maximum fat. This is essential to achieve aesthetic goals, such as being lean and having low percentage body fat. For the performance athlete, this equates to your aerobic base training zone, which is the foundation of your fitness.
- Identifying Lactate Threshold, which determines your Race Pace intensity for any event lasting longer than 2 hours.
- Identifying RQ1, which defines the start of your high intensity training zone.
- Personalised training zones with conversions for multi-sport athletes (converting your run zones to cycling zones and vice-versa).
- Measuring your calorific output at each heart rate. These results are included in the Trainsmart Nutrition Plan for a uniquely personalised service.
Calories burned from carbs
- Measuring VO2max (optional on the max test). If you decide to do the sub-max test, your VO2max can be extrapolated from the sub-max results.
- Detailed analysis on weight loss/fat loss based on your individual metabolism.
- Pacing analysis and nutrition strategy for long-course events, to avoid the risk of "bonking" or "hitting the wall".
Book A Test