VO2max Test Day
Before the Test
- Please review the " do's and don'ts" to make sure the test can go ahead.
- Aim to arrive 5-10 minutes before the test, to avoid rushing or being stressed out.
- Bring comfortable, sport-specific clothing. If you're a runner and doing the test on a treadmill, bring your running shoes and kit. Cyclists, bring shoes with Shimano SPD cleats (mountain bike cleats not road SPD-R's) and cycle shorts.
During the Test
- The test will be done on your preferred equipment. Usually, we use a treadmill for runners, bike for cyclists etc. We can also do the test on a cross-trainer or rowing machine.
- You wear a neoprene mask (wetsuits are made of this material) covering your nose and mouth. The mask captures the air you breathe in and out, which is analysed to measure your metabolism.
- The test itself is relatively short and takes between 7-14 minutes. A ramp protocol is used, which is the same for both the sub-max and max test. The two tests are identical, the only difference being the time the tests are terminated.
After the Test
- If you have a metabolic condition, bring something sugary to eat or drink immediately after the test.
- Because you're fasted, you'll be offered a hot drink and something to eat during the test de-brief. If you have specific dietary needs, please bring some snacks to consume.
- The test results will be explained in detail and you will presented with a full analysis and review.
- Your report will be emailed to you within the next 2 working days.
Book A Test